Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Organizing Paragraphs

Today, I will be sending you a Word document of the completed (rough draft) of my essay with explanations about the paragraphs and organization.

I hope that I have shown the importance of organization and topic sentences. I feel like when I first learned about topic sentences that they would make my writing sound mechanical and boring (and indeed, I learned topic sentences out of the context of an actual paper). But really, they (along with transitions) are essential aspects of a paper.

As such, this will be something heavily weighed in the Synthesis assignment.

Thank you everyone for such great classes today. Participation was great (due to the very helpful suggestion to return to the cards) and I felt like we were all engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment